- Cash flow: apologies and request.
I aplogised for delays in BHAM refunding participating sites, and
made two requests:
- that you inform me when it happens, and I will chase;
- that you ask your administrations to promptly process your
requests for this year, including those relating to WS2 in
Evry, so that we can file accurate accounts.
- Reports and publications for year 2.
Malte Plath will soon ask participants for their reports of their
Y2 activities and publications for the FIREworks pages.
I reported underspending and we looked at ways of
increasing activity levels, namely:
- every participant urged to have more meetings to other sites
- additional partners (see below, #4)
- additional workshop (see below, #6)
- We unanimously agreed to seek EC aproval to co-opt two further
sites to FIREworks, namely
Laboratoire Logiciels, Systemes, Reseaux (LSR)
Institut d'informatique et de mathematiques appliquees de Grenoble (IMAG)
38402 St Martin d'Heres
Site leader: Farid Ouabdesselam
Other members: Lydie du Bousquet, Jean-Luc Richier, Nicolas Zuanon
Universite Henri Poincare
Site leader: Jeanine Souquieres
Other members: Dominique Mery
- Location and date of WS3.
The default is Trento, as stated in the Proposal, and again offered by
However, we did not confirm it, because
- we may prefer to hold WS+ instead in Trento (see item #6)
- we may prefer to hold WS3 co-located with FIW'00 in
- Don Sannella suggests ETAPS'00 (Berlin, c. 25 March)
If you have views, please inform me.
The views I understood from the meeting were
- broad approval for colocation with FIW, if possible
- preference for Trento over ETAPS/Berlin.
(of course a separate smaller event can be organised for ETAPS)
Action: Mark Ryan to liase with Muffy Calder, co-chair of FIW'00.
- Additional workshop WS+.
It was agreed that Mark Ryan would continue to work on the proposal
of an additional workshop, with approximately the following
- Theme. Within the area of Specification and Verification of
Featured Systems, interpreted broadly. A more precise
theme/title for the workshop will be determined by the Program
Committee (to be established).
- Tutorials given by FIREworks members (dissemination of FW
results, to be interpreted broadly).
- Research presentations, to be given by invited speakers.
- Duration: 3d.
- Location: we have two offers,
- Trento, host Alessandro Cimatti
- Lisbon, host Amilcar Sernadas
- Time: June 2000?
You are welcome to contact me if you have further ideas, offers,
Otherwise, stand by for more information from me in the coming
Action: M.Ryan to continue working on the proposal.
- Forthcoming meetings
- FLOC'99: FIREworks meeting to be held 6th July
- FM'99: FIReworks meeting to be held.
M.Ryan: seek approval from EC for meetings at non-sites
M.Heisel: propose date for FM'99 meeting.