medical image analysis, cardiovascular imaging, cardiac electrophysiology, computational pathology, machine learning
I am particularly interested in the development and application of computational algorithms and machine learning for understanding and analysing biomedical data, in particular medical images.
I studied for post-doc and PhD in Medical Image Analysis (Sep'2009) from University of Oxford (UK) with Professor Alison Noble. During this time, I worked on problems in registration, segmentation, tracking, feature extraction, and multi-view fusion of 3D echocardiography images to develop techniques for multi-view 3d echocardiography analysis.
I have been at Birmingham since early 2016. Prior to that, I obtained research, academic and international experience at various reputable institutions including University of Oxford (UK), King Faisal University (Saudi Arabia), National University of Sciences & Technology (Pakistan), and GIK Institute of Engineering Sciences & Technology (Pakistan).
At Birmingham, I have taught the following modules: Introduction to Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Introductory Computer Science, and Computational Tools for Modelling and Analysis. Prior to Birmingham, I have taught a variety of modules in computer science at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, for example: Artificial Intelligence, Applied Image Processing, Digital Image Processing, Fundamentals of Programming, and Data Structures.
Recent Research Highlights
New test can detect autism in children, scientists say
Autism: Scientists take 'first steps' towards biological test
Enterprising Birmingham 2017 - with Cairn Research
- Attia Anwar, Provvidenza Maria Abruzzo, Sabah Pasha, Kashif Rajpoot, Alessandra Bolotta, Alessandro Ghezzo, Marina Marini, Annio Posar, Paola Visconti, Paul J Thornalley, Naila Rabbani (2018). Advanced glycation endproducts, dityrosine and arginine transporter dysfunction in autism-a source of biomarkers for clinical diagnosis. Molecular Autism, 9(3).
- Christopher O'Shea, Andrew Holmes, Ting Yue Yu, James Winter, Joao Correia, Paulus Kirchhof, Larissa Fabritz, Kashif Rajpoot, Davor Pavlovic (2017). Development of a novel software package for high-throughput processing and analysis of cardiac optical mapping data. Heart, 103(S-5).
- Ruqayya Awan, Kashif Rajpoot (2015). Spatial and spatio-temporal feature extraction from 4D echocardiography images. Computers in Biology and Medicine, 64.
- Anjuman Shaheen, Kashif Rajpoot (2015). Adaptive image inversion of contrast 3D echocardiography for enabling automated analysis. Computers in Biology and Medicine, 63.
- Kashif Rajpoot, Atif Riaz, Waqas Majeed, Nasir Rajpoot (2015). Functional connectivity alterations in epilepsy from resting-state functional MRI. PLoS One, 10(8).
- Kashif Rajpoot, Vicente Grau, J Alison Noble, Harald Becher, Cezary Szmigielski (2011). The evaluation of single-view and multi-view fusion 3D echocardiography using image-driven segmentation and tracking. Medical Image Analysis, 15(4).
- Kashif Rajpoot, Vicente Grau, J Alison Noble, Cezary Szmigielski, Harald Becher (2011). Multiview fusion 3-D echocardiography: improving the information and quality of real-time 3-D echocardiography. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, 37(3).
- Cezary Szmigielski, Kashif Rajpoot, Vicente Grau, Saul Myerson, Cameron Holloway, J Alison Noble, Richar Kerber, Harald Becher (2011). Real-Time 3D Fusion Echocardiography. Journal of American College of Cardiology: Cardiovascular Imaging, 4(3).
See at Google Scholar
MSc or Final Year Projects
See project areas of my interest.
Last updated: 5th March, 2018